Shepherd's hut in Ballygarret

My accommodation for the last 2 nights was a "shepherd's hut" in Ballygarret. It was very peaceful and cosy with the fire going while it was "fair spillin'  a doun" outside for 2 whole days.  One of the things I miss when travelling is meaningful conversation, other than about the weather, and I certainly got my fix today. The hut's owner Angela and I spent 3 hours ranging over such diverse topics as what could have triggered the cows to moo unusually loudly last night; planetary influences and Pluto's responsibility for the unrest in the world right now; how she built a multi-million dollar business making natural hand sanitiser during covid,  how ancestral trauma manifests when passed down through DNA; to the healing properties of the herbs in her garden especially calendula, rosemary and cleavers, and many other topics in between.






Now that the shining again in the clear blue Irish sky, I was able to paddle in the ocean and walk along almost deserted Morriscastle beach before setting off through quiet country roads to my next destination, 
a remote rural property in Bunclody.

Many of the country roads I am driving are like this
Morriscastle beach




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bartholomew Cooke

The Hook peninsula , Wexford

St Mary's: Blessing the journey